NAMM 2011 sees the addition of three more powerful models to the Fender Mustang amplifier series, all featuring authentic amp modelling and a huge bank of built-in effects. Mustang amplifiers come equipped with USB connectivity and Fender FUSE software, offering comprehensive editing facilities on PC or Mac. There are 12 Amp Models, seven Stomp Effects, 11 Modulation Effects, nine Delay Effects and 10 Reverb Effects on board.
The new Fender Mustang III is a 100 Watt open-back combo with a 12″ Celestion speaker containing 100 amp presets derived from 12 different amp models that deliver tones from vintage Fender sparkle to modern metal distortion. In addition, there are 37 different effects in four categories – stomp, modulation, delay and reverb – all easily and instantly accessed. The 1/8″ headphone jack doubles as speaker-emulated line out. Users can connect their Mustang amplifier to a computer and use the free Fender FUSE software which includes on-screen parameter control, deep editing, additional effects, unlimited preset storage, online preset swapping with the Fender FUSE community along with free Fender artist presets.
The Mustang III includes a programmable two-button footswitch which controls preset up/down, quick access, effects on/off and tap tempo. An optional four-button footswitch is also available.
- Controls: Gain, Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass, Reverb and Master plus a Data Wheel. There are soft keys for Amp Select, Stomp Edit, Modulation Edit, Delay Edit, Reverb Edit, Utility, Save, Exit, and Tap/Tuner.
- Amp Models: ’57 Deluxe, ’59 Bassman, ’57 Champ, ’65 Deluxe Reverb, ’65 Princeton Reverb, ’65 Twin Reverb, Super-Sonic, British ’60s, British ’70s, British ’80s, American 90s, and Metal 2000.
- Stompbox Effects: Overdrive, Fixed Wah, Touch Wah, Fuzz, Fuzz Touch Wah, Compressor and Simple Compressor.
- Modulation Effects: Sine Chorus, Triangle Chorus, Sine Flanger, Triangle Flanger, Vibratone, Vintage Tremolo, Sine Tremolo, Ring Modulator, Step Filter, Phaser and Pitch Shifter.
- Delay Effects: Mono Delay, Mono Echo Filter, Stereo Echo Filter, Multitap Delay, Ping Pong Delay, Ducking Delay, Reverse Delay, Tape Delay and Stereo Tape Delay.
- Reverb Effects: Small Hall, Large Hall, Small Room, Large Room, Small Plate, Large Plate, Ambient, Arena, Fender ’63 Spring Reverb and Fender ’65 Spring Reverb.